A Passion for Papertrey

8:09 PM

... this is the name of new blog I stumbled across only three days ago. It was created by Steph and Kate for PTI addicts lovers in the UK and the rest of Europe to share PTI projects, inspiration, etc. So glad I found that blog and I instantly linked it on the sidebar!!


Every fortnight, they host a challenge and this week it is all about scallops - click here if you want to participate. Coincidentally, I just wanted to make a card for my mum's birthday and thought I'd play along :-)

Here is the card I made:

It's a case of one of Dawn McVey's cards for the Scattered Showers release. I don't have the Faux Ribbon stamp set for the background, so I tried to fake it by simply inking the edges of a ruler and my acrylic stamping block. I know, it is not half as good as Dawn's original card, but I like it nevertheless. (Maybe, just maybe, it is way too pink-ish for a "mum card"; will have to try another color tomorrow.)

Thanks for looking! ... and Happy Easter :-)

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Friends 'Til the End
Ink: Colorbox white
Paper: DP kraft, pink paper from stash
Other: PTI vintage buttons (cream), Hero Arts embossing poweder (white), acrylic block, ruler, organdy ribbon (white), corner rounder, Anchor twill (white), dimensional foam

You Might Also Like

4 comment(s)

  1. Dana, this card is so stylish & I love the pink against the Kraft :) Thank you so much for joining in & happy Easter to you too *HUGS* Steph xxx p.s. I'm a huge Dawn McVey fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to recreate Dawn's background without the set!! I love it when inspiration sparks new ideas! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! That flower image really is awesome and your background is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dana! What a super clever idea to 'fake' it with the ribbon effect!
    A really cute card - I love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)