Masculine Birthday Card

12:40 PM

Pheww... third posting in one week!! This card was created for the birthday of my cousin's hubby. He turns 40 today and we had a great party for him yesterday :-)
Like many of you, I have the hardest time doing "male" cards. Here's my attempt:

I'm not sure about the aqua elements. Maybe a "stronger" color would have been a better choice? However, I like how it turned out altogether :)

Sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the envelope. I found wonderful colored square envelopes at a stamp fair some weeks ago and stamped the flap with the same background pattern as on the card. (My teacher would hate me for the long sentences around here! Poor Brandy... LOL)

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great Sunday!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Beyond Basic Borders, PTI Background Basics Retro
Ink: PTI Ripe Avocado, Versacolor white, Versamark (on the envelope), Ranger Distress Ink tea-dye
Paper: kraft, Atoz aqua, off-white (recycled from another card)
Other: MM Slice (Basics 1), PTI button new leaf, gross-grain ribbon (stash), sewing machine & thread, hemp twine, Fiskars scallop border punch, Tim Holtz distresser

You Might Also Like

4 comment(s)

  1. Sehr, sehr cool :) Total schön mit dem genähten, den Stempeln und dem distressing!! *whisper* es is glaube nich der threading water sondern der scallop sentiment border punch ;) Nee echt gut geworden, aber: wissen Männer sowas ausreichend zu schätzen? *g*
    GN8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just so pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are beautiful!! I would never have guessed you just started :0) Tschuss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)