PTI Spring Fling Challenge

7:28 AM


Hi everyone :-) It's already Monday again and high time to share my card for the Spring Fling Challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog. Really, I loved all of the inspirational photos and could have done at least one card with every single one of them. However, my last PTI order is sitting somewhere in a customs office -> I'm lacking some ingredients for my ideas - but they will be there very soon and I will post the one or the other idea here on the blog :) Anyway, inspiration for the card finally came from the small pillow on Becky Oehlers' photo ...
... and a CD cover I saw a while ago (sorry, I don't remember what it was) where somebody put a seahorse toghether only with dots, dots and even more dots! Here's my try:

Sorry for the bad picture, it's just not very sunny at the moment. In reality, the colors pop! Also I used some sticky foam dots to give dimension to the seahorse cut-out but that's barely visibile on that picture, too.
I don't know now for what purpose this card will be, so I left out the sentiment. It reminds of a road trip along the Australian east coast some years ago... *sigh* I guess, I'll send it to a friend who goes snorkling this summer.

Thanks for looking and have a good work week!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics, October Afternoon Detours
Ink: PTI summer sunrise, PTI melon berry, PTI lavender moon, PTI new leaf, Colorbox chestnut and dune, Versacolor orchid, Cat's Eye scarlet, Heyda turquoise, Heyda light green
Paper: DP white cardstock, Making Memories Passport collection
Other: PTI new leaf topnotch ribbon, stapler, foam dimensionals, scissors, corner rounder

You Might Also Like

7 comment(s)

  1. What a great idea you had!! It gives me lots of ideas! I also used this photo, but I never saw that little pillow until you pointed it out~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! I love all the dots and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool! Love the fun seahorse and the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dana! Very cool card! This would be an excellent travel postcard or scrapbook page accent:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha wie cool, dass du aus dem Band ne Seealge gemacht hast - voll die geniale Idee :) LG - Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dana, what a cool idea to create a sea-horse from dots! I especially love the finishing touch of ribbon with a staple - very cute!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! & so original too :) Hugs, Steph x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)