Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #5 / A Passion for Papertrey Challenge #6

7:46 PM

** Edit: Ha!! Now, that's what I like so much about blogging. I post a card and after looking at it, I kinda see what's missing! Here again, my card - with the "final touch":
... a button and little bit of bling is never wrong, don't you think? **




Hi there, it's high time to post my entry for Dawn McVey's latest color challenge! So without further ado, here's the card:

First, I had a hard time with the combination of Rasperry Fizz and Hibiscus Burst and wanted to give up on that challenge. Finally, I went through my to-do list and I decided to make a card for the wedding of my BFF's brother. I already know, his wife-to-be will love the pink colors on the card! I was lucky enough to join her when she chose her wedding dress and she felt instantly like a princess :-)


Since last Monday, there is also a new fortnight challenge on the A Passion for Papertrey blog and the current theme is "recycling". I love to recycle / reuse scraps whenever possible, so just in case you couldn't tell from the picture LOL, the paper grey layer is a recycled piece from the latest Marc O'Polo brochure.


My second recycled thing today, is a tag:
It could be used instead of an enclosure card, the sentiment goes on the back. The recycled thing here is again the base - a former divider/ index page. Of course, this is not the "finished" tag - just a sneak for a cute little project I will post on Friday :)

Hope you like the card! Depending on where you are,
have a good day/evening/night! :-)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Heart Prints, sentiment (custom made stamp)
Ink: Versacolor Cube charcoal, PTI Raspberry Fizz, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Paper: PTI stampers select white, grey paper (recycled)
Other: PTI vintage button, Atoz rhinestones, clear embossing powder, Fiskars threading water punch, Depot organdy ribbon white, Make me foam dimensionals

You Might Also Like

3 comment(s)

  1. Very sweet card, like it both ways! But, I know what you mean about "changing your card after posting", but usually I am doing everything the last minute and say "next time"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, I think the button is the perfect finsishing touch on your fab card! I wouldn't have known the grey layer was recycled - super idea!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a wonderful card even before the finishing touches but yes the button & bling are gorgeous! Fab card, thanks for entering it Dana :) love Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)