Birthday Project, Pt. 1

3:03 PM

Hi there, it's the first day of Summer! Woohoo!! Let's celebrate with a couple of posts today here on the blog :) I made a little birthday project for my BFF's hubbie-to-be. First I'll show you the "card" I put together. The card base consists of beer coasters - is there anything better for a male card? ;o)


First, I took four of the coasters a "coated" them on both sides with thicker, white copier paper. I cut around the edges with my craft scissors and than used a nail file to soften the edges a bit more. On the inside I drew 29 candles, since this is his age and also wrote some "insider puns" next to them. The last one of the inside coasters is dedicated for my birthday message.
For the cover of my card, I painted two coasters with white acrylic paint and then painted it allover again with turquoise acrylic paint. Finally, I took the white paint again to have a window for the stamped and heat embossed birthday sentiment from Dawn McVey's Damasks Designs and decorated the front cover with some buttons and a cute owl stamp from Hero Arts. To put the coasters together I punched some wholes and threaded the hemp twine through the coasters. Finished result:



I have two more posts today for you! See you later and enjoy your summer Sunday!


Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Tiny Owl, PTI Damask Designs
Ink: Colorbox Chestnut, PTI summer sunrise (candle flames), Ranger Distress Ink (tea dye)
Paper: thick copier paper, beer coasters
Paint: Rayher Acrylic Paint white, Rayher Acrylic Paint Turquoise
Other: PTI Vintage Buttons cream and aqua, hemp twine, Spellbinder's Nestability dies (pinking circles), glue dots, Copic Marker (B05 Process Blue), clear embossing poweder

You Might Also Like

1 comment(s)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)