Birthday Project, Pt. 3

9:54 PM

Part three of my birthday project is mainly about a crafty way of gift wrapping! I don't know about you, but I love sealed gifts and I love my Moley (aka Moleskine Diary). Why not combine this?!
When my friends decided to marry, I gave my BFF a teeny tiny Moleskine Volant Notebook to carry around in her purse, so she can jot down spontaneous ideas regarding her wedding. Now, in the final stage of planning, I thought he would also like to note the most important to do's until THE day. If you know the classic Moleskine line, I don't need to tell you, that they come with a small banderole. However, there was none on these small notebooks and I recreated it by typing a book title ("101 things to do before I get married") with an old typewriter and wrapped it all around, as you can see here:


Now, for the "seal"... I had no sealing wax or such at home, so I thought, I'd do what I do on most of my cards: sew around to close the wrap. You can see the steps on the pictures:

Step four, five and six: sew along one of the open sides, then insert the gift (here: the notebook) and then sew along the last open side of your little bag. Finished bag with notebook inside:


I tried to keep this entry short by taking (hopefully) self-explanatory pictures. However, please let me know if you need further instructions. I hope you liked my posts today. Thanks for looking!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Background Basics Retro
Ink: PTI Ocean Tides
Paper: Rossi Notepaper
Other: sewing machine & thread

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)