Cakes, cards and challenges

3:35 PM

** Edit: Hee!! Look here, I'm in the Raspberry Suit Color Challenge Spotlight! Thanks for your sweet comments on my card :-)) **

Happy June everyone! June?? Time flies by so fast these days.... Today, I have a loooonger entry to share, so I'll better start right off the bat! First, about the (wedding) cake. I told you in my last post that I was supposed to take some photographs at a casual wedding party. More precicely, it was the civil marriage of my BFF's brother. Getting there was "half the fun" because first of all I accidentally (!) parked my car in a ditch... {*blush* really, I can park but the ditch was hidden in the grass} Lucky me, the groom's fellow firemen let me off the hook in no time... :o) Here are some pictures to give you an impression:


Yummy cake...! And the bride and groom looked awesome (sorry, I don't want to show pictures without their permission)! However, I'd like to share the card I made for the newly weds:


Now, on to the challenge(s). I'm a secret admirer of Kazan Clark's and Laura Davis' sketch challenges and totally wanted to play along this week. They're hosting a 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown throughout June in honour of their 1st Anniversary and have some fabulous goodies for the participants. Go check it out - you have until midnight today to submit your card based on Laura's sketch #27:


I combined* the sketch with the current color challenge of Dawn McVey (you have until Sunday to play). Beautiful - again!! She has such a great eye for color combos :) Here's her inspiration and colors:

Still with me? Ok, Finally, after all these stories and pictures, the reason why you *probably* came here - the card for the two challenges!! I created a birthday card for a dear colleague and came up with this:


Sorry for the strange angle - it's just not a very sunny day, today, and I had to turn the card to the side to make best use of the available light. To share some details with you, the layered mat for the sentiment was cut with the Slice Noteworthy card (2" and 2,5"), birdies are heat embossed to add a bit of a texture and - to add some more interesst - I punched additional holes along the scalloped border (raspberry layer) with my eyelet tool.

Yum, those colors totally remind of a chocolate cherry cake :-) Maybe I should take the time to make one? Thanks for stopping by today!

* Be careful: If you want to be eligible to win at 2S4U you should not combine the sketch with any other challenge!


Supplies

{wedding card}
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs set
Ink: Versamark
Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz
Other: photo (by me), Depot satin ribbon, Depot pearl pins, Making Memories Paperie buttons and flowers, signo gel pen, glue roller

{birthday card}
Stamps: PTI Wishing You set, bird design by B. Silvia
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Colorbox Chestnut, Versamark
Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Kraft from stash, Rossi cream-colored notepaper
Other: MM Slice (Noteworthy design card), Fiskars scallop sentiment punch, eyelet tool, sewing machine & thread, foam adhesive, Hero Arts clear embossing powder, glue roller

You Might Also Like

24 comment(s)

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura & Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice... !

    i'm following your blog..

    hehehe :D

    may i?

    i wish ..

    u are so creative.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooooo cute!!! I love the clean look of it. You have a very nice blog. Looking forward to coming back to see your future creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards, but especially the unique shape and design of that wedding card ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    Thanks for taking part in the UCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous cards! love the image you used for the wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love it, you did an awesome job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sehr cool! Danke für deinen Comment! Seit wann hast du nen Slice??!! :)
    Ja ich finds auch nich so berauschend bisher, nix was mich wirklich anmacht ;) Aber bestimmt kommen neue Knopf-Farben, hehe. Mal sehen! Also ich hab schon ne halbwegs konkrete Wunschliste, ja. Wir könnten nach der Release jetzt bestellen oder nach der nächsten oder so, je nachdem wann du willst. Bei mir eilt es nicht, ich muss eh noch bissl sparen ;)
    Achja den Witz mit dem Fußball hab ich nich geschnallt :) Morgen muss ich Konsekutiv machen und der Redner hat n-i-x geschickt, weder seine PowerPoint noch irgendein Manuskript. Hasse ihn. Drück mir die Daumen dass ich mich nicht komplett blamiere. Gosh ich bin so nervös.
    LG aus dem verregneten HD (wo ist das Wochenende hin??? Wo??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dana! Fab cards - I especially love your PTI one for the colour challenge! I'm a big fan of birds so this card is definitely catching my eye!
    Stamping Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the design of this card and you mixed the colors really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards. Love your stiching accent. Super job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I really love the picture on the wedding card. That card could almost be summited for Dawn's challege. Your card for the challenge is great too! Love the little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both these cards! The way you combined the two challenges is awesome! I really love the way you used the colors and that bird stamp is so cute! I thought it was designer paper! :)

    Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! That is my card on PaperCrafts' blog. I was so excited to see it! You seriously made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being in the spotlight! I am so glad she picked your card. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous inspiration! Love the bird card! Congrats on top pick too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)