Strange Things

1:08 PM


... happen around here - but in very positive way :-)

  • First of all, there's a new, official company guideline telling me that social networking (including blogging) is a good thing. So typing up blog posts during lunch time should be a good thing now *g*.
  • I entered a wedding card into a "Pink Challenge" and won some of the cute Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird" designer papers over at teenas-tipps!! Never ever did I win something before... *happydance**. Oh, how I love the Early Bird collection - though I'm definitively not an early bird myself...
  • Ha, and than - it's going to be even better - there is the one-submission-wonder: Four weeks ago, for the first and up to now only time, I submitted another wedding card to a (or better say the one and to my knowledge only) German Scrap mag called Scrap-Art-Zine. It is very, very likely that it will be printed :-)) I can't wait to share the photos in the fall!

Oooh, *happy sigh*... okay, I have also a card to share today. It is also - you can guess it - a wedding card! A bit shabby and a bit of glitter and pearls...

Since there is no such thing as a baby or wedding shower in Germany, I thought it's okay to enter a wedding card for the current Caardvarks challenge (please delete my link over there if not). Here's a detail shot to show you that the patterned paper is all glittery:

The idea for that came from a recent blog entry of Kelly Marie (see here). I filled a Mini Mister with some water and added a bit of the Perfect Pearls powder, than spritzed it all over the piece of patterned paper.


On another note, Kate and Steph (she finally open a darling new blog) from "A Passion for Papertrey" have some wonderful PTI giveaways in store for you: the Everyday Classics Limited Edition Anniversary Stamp Set & Hodge Podge Paper Pad!! You have until August 9, 2009 to enter. And please scroll down, too, to see their fantastic cards! Not to mention Steph's latest entry - I just love the card she made for today!


Last but not least, I found my way to the great blog of Karen during the PTI Blog Hop. I'm excited to announce, she awared me the "One Lovely Blog" Award :-) Yeah, my first blog award!! Thanks, Karen! I would love you to visit her blog - I was drooling over when I saw e.g. her über-cute Snoopy bookmark :)

Following are the deeds of the award:

  • Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
  • Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Okay, as for the last bullet point, I would spontaneously like to nominate the following ladies - not only because they're creative and inspiring people but also because...
... I'll think about more nominees tonite - lunch time's over and we'll have to attend a global webcast... Have a great day, today and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs, the sentiment (custom made)
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream
Paper: PTI kraft and vintage cream cardstock, Pink Paislee Spring Fling
Other: sewing machine/ thread, Fiskars Upper Crest punch, Depot satin ribbon (cream) and pearl pins, Ranger Mini Mister / Perfect Pearls, foam dimensionals

You Might Also Like

10 comment(s)

  1. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing with Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty ... love the stamping along the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I'm liking your company's new guidelines! The idea that they have not only given permission for facebook time and blogging, but are encouraging it sounds fabulous to me! :>

    Your card is beautiful! I love that ribbon tied with the pins (something I love seeing, but I've been known to prick myself when I try to recreate it!!! ouch!), the patterned paper, and the little edge of damask....wonderful!

    I'm glad your enjoying your blog award and I'll be back to see more! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love the graphic patterns and the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a delightful and fun wedding card! and really beautiful, as well...i just ♥LOVE♥ those little birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fabulous & congrats on your award - you deserve it hun!
    Hugs, Steph xxx
    p.s. thank you so much for mentioning our blogs *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Na aber hallo. Du Abräumer!! ;)
    Vielen Dank für den Award, hab ihn direkt eingebaut! Machst du beim Swap von PfP mit? Ich hab mich vorsichtshalber mal angemeldet ;) Hm ich muss noch ne Hochzeitskarte machen für ne Freundin, vielleicht mit Dawns Farben? Mal sehen! Was geht an der Track n Trace Front? Glg

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is delightful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I want to thank you SO much for this award. I am so honored!! The secondly, I want to apologize for being so late in realizing that you gave me this wonderful award! I cannot believe it. Life has been so crazy, and it is hard to keep up. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it. You are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)