The Typewriter

12:14 AM


ETA: I know, I do this (i.e. figure how my recently posted card looks better and change it accordingly) much too often but I can't help doing it again and again... This time I just needed to fill the space above and below the medaillon, but as I just added the new pictures, you can see for yourself! ... Anyhoo, the Blog Hop was so much fun, I hope to enter the challenge again in August! So much inspiration out there and I haven't visited all of the entries, yet.



Hi everyone! I'm back with a card for my very first PTI Blog Hop challenge! Wohoooo!!

The Blog Hop theme for July is TEXT! As my last PTI order got stuck anywhere at customs, I couldn't put my Background Basics Text Style stamp set to good use (at least not now - but this means more fun for next week). I kept thinking and during my regular saturday cleaning, I stumbled over a typewriter... and my idea for the card was born! So, without further ado, here is my card (ETA: first the "old" version, than the changed card):


I can't help but like the three medaillons in a row so much more...


Pretty cool for masculine cards, huh? I think, I will use this technique with the typewriter again soon when my new Star Prints set arrives (yes, a lot of stamping goodies are coming my way *g*). The best thing: as I used an electronic machine with a softer keystroke than the old ones, the typing didn't show through on the inside :)
The tulip medaillon is from PTI's Wishing You set. I added some paper piercing to the left and the right of the typed lines to resemble the border around stamped images and...


... a wee bit of glaze on the tulip for a finishing touch. Et tataaa, c'est fini! Waddayathink?

Thanks for stopping by and have fun blog hoppin'! I will :-)

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Whishing You
Ink: Versacolor white
Paper: PTI kraft cardstock
Other: Brother electronic typewriter, paper piercer, Sakura Glaze pen (clear)

You Might Also Like

40 comment(s)

  1. How GORGOEUS!!! Love the simple elegance of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute Dana - love how you pulled this idea out of necessity - customs will get done - your stuff will arrive but meanwhile, great job with this hop! Hope you have FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welll you sure did a fantastic job despite missing what you were planning on using....LOVE what you did

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Blog Hop! Your card is great! It is so striking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - a typewriter!!! Haven't seen one of those in a while :) You did a fabulous job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very simple & elegant card! Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant idea!!! keeping that idea in my inspiration folder for some time in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love how simple it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my -- way to go -- make me so sorry I got rid of my typewriter!!! LOL! VERY clever!!! (Truthfully I couldn't get ribbons any more anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, I like how you slanted the type and then have that space for the tulip. Nice job! Hope you hop again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, especially for masculine cards. I like the angle of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did with your card... so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Wonderful to hear that cleaning is good for something! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first one I've seen with the text on the diagonal....so kudos to you for the unique! I really like that it is so simple and yet carries a great punch! :>

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! And way to compensate when you don't have what you think you need! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card for your first PTI Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You hopped with the right leg! Your card is beautiful! So simple and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Striking! Love the glaze on the tulip - perfect touch.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card! I love that you used a typewriter. It came out super!! Kudos to you for not letting anything stop you from tonight's Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea to put the text on a diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 1st blog hop!! Your card is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your first blog hop. What a great idea for the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cool! I love how you created your text!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea to use a typewriter! Love the look of the angled text.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards! Love the slanted type!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very classy! Love your oval medalions!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What do I think? I think you are a genious! I wonder how many people still have typewriters around??

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that you used an actual typewriter !! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Dana...again! :> I'm so glad you played along at PTI's blog hop and that I got the opportunity to see your blog! I've left an award for you on my blog. :>

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is lovely! You've really only been stamping for a few months??
    Best wishes from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like your slant and paperpiercing. Super fun and fresh use of text.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cool card!! I love the typewriter use!! The little cameo tulips are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sehr cool! Hast du die Karte einfach quer in die Maschine eingespannt?! Ich liebe typewriter font *schwärm* Sag bescheid wenn sich was tut ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)