Catching up...

4:36 PM

Time is moving far too quickly around here... Weekend already over? August (almost) done? Oh my... My best friend's going to the chappel this week and there's so much left to prep for the event. I just tried to put the finishing touches to their surprise "Wedding Mag" while her sister is about to tighten our dresses (LOL... we went shopping together and returned home with a bright blackberry colored satin dress) while the Mr & Mrs-to-be set up the garden tents with a group of magic helpers... you get the impression!

Anyways, I missed my scrappy space so much and N-E-E-D-E-D to make a card for keeping my sanity ;-) I headed over to A Passion for Papertrey to have a look around and to read about their current challenge... Little did I know! I was sad to hear, that Steph stepped down from blogging over there. Luckily Kate, her former "Partner in Crime", decided to continue this wonderful blog together with Aimes :-) Yippeah! As I couldn't participate in the last few challenges, I made two little 3x3 cards - the first one for challenge #11 ("Thank you" themed)...


and both of them with challenge #12 (Clean and Simple) in mind.


I hope they count to clean and simple style!? At least, I forbade myself to use my beloved tea dye duo and distressing tools ;-)

The thank you card goes straight to Stefanie (my BF's sister) for all her sewing work on the dress! However, it's also kind of a virtual card for Mrs Lawnfawn alias the sweet and talented Kelly Marie for passing me on "The Karma Award":

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award."

What a nice cheer up! :-) You can guess it,... I'm on the run! So instead of naming eight person in particular I'll pass this award on to the first eight people to comment on here - I think, commenting bloggers are not only blessed with good karma they also share it with others :-D So, while I'll be away again for a few days, I really hope you go visit these lovely people and so will I when the festivities are over. Promise!

ETA: Here's a direct link to the "good karma" commenters:
- Jo

Thanks for putting a smile on my face :-)


{Clean & Simple Thank you}
Stamps: PTI Star Prints
Ink: Color Box chalk alabaster
Paper: PTI Scarlett Jewel, October Afternoon Cherry Hill
Other: Sewing machine & thread

{Clean & Simple Cherries}
Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits
Ink: PTI Ripe Avocado
Paper: PTI Scarlett Jewel & vintage cream, October Afternoon Cherry Hill
Other: Sewing machine & thread, Making Memories Paperie Rouge buttons, Spellbinders classic square nestabilities, foam dimensionals, Depot satin ribbon cream

You Might Also Like

5 comment(s)

  1. Comments are so wonderful, aren't they?! I'm always happy to read what you have to write. :>

    Glad the bachelorette party went well and her Dream of Genie clothes sound like so much fun...a perfect girls day out!

    As for your cards....they are fantastic! Love that cherry paper and the little embossed square is so sweet. Stitching, buttons, stamping, and ribbon, oh my! These are the perfect cards for the challenges and a great way to catch up! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana both of these totally qualify as the CAS style and also qualify as amazingly cute cards too LOL!
    I love both of them and your stitching rocks - I could see a really cute set of these making anyone smile!
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenges!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Dana on winning the PTI challenge! You made a beautiful CAS card.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha du hast gewonnen! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!! Oh mann ey mein PC hat sich am Wochenende komplett abgeschossen. Schöner Mist. Jetzt sitze ich in der Uni und hinter mir sitzen irgendwelche Leute die mieses Englisch sprechen und ich höre mir auf Youtube Videos an damit ich nicht ausraste. ;) LG Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cherry themed cards! They are so fun and cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)