CPS Sketch #129

7:15 PM

Happy Monday, hope you had a wonderful and sunny weekend! It's really hot over hear and I think it's okay to have a teeny tiny bit of ice cream during the typing process :-)

I have another birthday card to share today. This time, I was inspired by another great CPS sketch - you can see the sketch over at their blog.


The patterned paper was given to me by one of my office mates. She wanted me to make a birthday card with it, but all I could think of was "baby card and colors" which is actually the intended theme of that paper pad... Well, I put the paper aside and started with stamping the sentiment on twill tape. Then, I decided not to put an additional stripe of ribbon over the lenght of the card but to stamp a flourish onto the patterned paper. A little machine sewing with a matching thread color was the perfect finish. Well, I think: Mission accomplished - the flower and flourish give the baby themed patterned paper a bit of a different look. Me likey :-)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Fancy Flourishes, PTI Mod Squad
Ink: PTI Plum Pudding, Colorbox Chalk Ink alabaster,
Paper: PTI kraft and Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper
Other: Sewing machine / thread, Imaginesc flower, twill tape, pinking sheers, bling brad

You Might Also Like

6 comment(s)

  1. Very pretty card...the patterned paper doesn't look "baby-ish" at all anymore. Good job turning it into a birthday card AND I love what you did with the CPS sketch!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I agree.....by adding what you did, it doesn't look baby-ish at all now. Love the addition of the stitching! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and great job turning a baby-themed paper into something else. I would never have known it was "baby paper" if you hadn't mentioned it! Great job on the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your dsp and flourishes. Love your take on the CPS sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on this sketch -love your stitching and the flourish with a flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)