PTI September Blog Hop

1:47 AM




Hi there, I'm so glad this Blog Hop Night happens to be on a weekend and I can take the time to participate! This month theme is about recycling the packaging material from our PTI package(s). Here's what I came up with: gift wraps!

First, I want to show you this little number:


As fall is making its way, I wanted to incorporate my (probably) last butterfly of the season. I took one of the packaging papers and folded it in half, than took the book I wanted to wrap and draw its contour on the paper. Next, I inked the largest stamp of the Fancy Flourishes stamps and stamped it on top of the paper. I put the paper aside to let the ink dry a bit and took one of the clear sheets on which the stamps were mounted and handcut a "ghost butterfly". Next up, I inked the tissue paper that is wraped around the stamp sets and stamped polka dots in Enchanted Evening: During this process, I noticed that there's enough space to stamp another row of dots inbetween and gave this idea a go with Summer Sunrise ink. Learn from my mistake: the paper is very thin and you should put some copy paper or else underneath... After letting the ink dry a bit, I folded it approximately the size of the ghost shape, layered the ghost butterfly on top and than handcut all around. I have about ten layers - to add some dimension to the layers, I inked the edges with more of the Enchanted Evening ink.


Did you notice, how the "ghost shape" lifts the tissue paper layers? However, I went back to the packaging wrap with the flourish on top and sewed around the contour and also adhered the butterfly with zig-zag stitch. Finally, for a little finishing touch, I took my new Versamark Dazzle ink pad to add some glitter.

Still here with me? Now, my next gift wrap was more like ruminant, repetitive stamping and it was made to match this little card. I used my favourite stamp set, Everyday Button Bits, and created a wrap with another sheet of packaging paper. The hot-air ballons are stamped with stamps from Polka Dot Basics I and Simply Stationary. Sorry for the imperfections - I should have ironed the paper before stamping - the wrinkels just made it impossible not to have any unwanted spots. Well, let's just call it natural distressing, okay? ;o)


I hope you enjoyed my contributions a little. I wish you a wonderful blog hop night!


Supplies

{Butterfly gift wrap}
Stamps: PTI Fancy Flourishes, PTI Polka Dot Basics I
Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening and Summer Sunrise, Versamark Dazzle (frost)
Paper: all from PTI package
Other: sewing machine & thread

{Hot-air Balloon gift wrap}
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics I, PTI Simply Stationary, PTI Everyday Button Bits
Ink: PTI Melon Berry and Hibiscus Burst, Heyda turquoise, Colorbox Chestnut
Paper: from PTI package

You Might Also Like

30 comment(s)

  1. Both projects are fabulous! Love all of the fun ideas you have. Way to rock the recycling challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both excellent ideas...and I especially love the hot air balloon paper :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last butterfly.....ugh! (I'm sitting here in my snowflake pj's already!) Great ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool projects! I love the parachutes and the butterfly. I love the multi-layered look. I need to add this to my list of things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! LOVE the balloons and don't say last butterfly - makes me sad!! But I lOVe the project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool butterfly and I love the gift wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana - your butterfly looks gorgeous!!! Love this idea and the gift wrap paper is cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well I'll be jiggered - this is just cleverific and so pretty, too! Love both projects - thanks for sharing with us - rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterfly is gorgeous and I LOVE the hot air balloon tissue paper, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, some great ideas!! Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your creations are FABULOUS!! Love that butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that butterfly is amazing! I also love how you stamped that swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job on both of them. I especailly like the butterfly. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dana, you have some exquisite details here--fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous ideas! Love your multi-layered butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun ideas! I especially like that wrapping paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tissue paper butterflies! Very creative! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them both - especially the hot air balloons for those times when I might not have time to sew on the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I love that butterfly! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really neat ideas. The butterfly looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creations!!! Love the polka dot butterfly and the hot air ballons on the tisse, great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Great ideas, someone is going to be happy - what a lovely creative present!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both of your ideas - the butterfly was so pretty, it's certainly going into my idea file! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Der Schmetterling mit den Schnörkeln gefällt mir am allerbesten. Super gemacht. :D

    LG, Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)