Papertrey Ink's WCMD Challenge #1: Japan

11:43 PM

Off it goes with Papertrey's around-the-world tour ;-) First, I'll visit Japan! Among the things that remind me of Japan is... the sakura flower, manga comics, sushi, colorful birds, origami, kimonos, quality paper, Copic markers, beautiful Kanji caligraphy ...and a funny overnight stay at Narita airport (Tokyo) with a friend some years ago :-) Of course, I couldn't get all of this on the card so I decided for the following:


My little sakura flower is handcut from vellum and the flower center is stamped with one of PTI's Mod Squad stamps. A tutorial to fold the bird can be found on Flickr.

Happy WCMD to everyone!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Mod Squad
Ink: Colorbox chestnut
Paper: PTI stamper's select, Basic Grey offbeat, vellum
Other: Copic markers (B05, E33, 0, RV29, R05), Rayher waxed cotton string, glue dots, Pentel white gel pen, clear embossing powder, Faber-Castell Ecco pigment pen

You Might Also Like

7 comment(s)

  1. This is so pretty!! I love that bird. And thanks for sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool take on the Japanese theme. Love the folded bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ja, Origami und Japan, das muss man zusammen auf einer Karte vereinen. Wunderbar gemacht. :D

    LG, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...love the bird and the hand cut flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oragami, serriously this is perfect. Great take on the Japan challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh I tried the origami but I couldnt do it! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)