Papertrey Ink's WCMD Challenge #2: Mexico
& Caardvark's Challenge "Take a Bow"

5:16 PM


ETA: Hi there, Cath Edvalson issued a new challenge over at her Moxie Fab blog to incorporate trendy ruffles on a project, so I thought I'd enter my ruffled Christmas tree card :-) If you would like to join the challenge hop over to the Moxie Fab World blog for details and inspiration - you have until October 26th to participate!


Hola a todos! I made my way to Mexico :) My card today is kind of a loose interpretation of the given PTI theme (contrary to yesterdays blogpost, I didn't dream of cards but of Tim Tam biscuits...). Overall, the card is very much inspired by...
If you can't guess it by now, it's a Christmas card, but see for yourself:


I sewed the ribbon onto a Christmas tree, which I handcut from corrugated cardboard. Hope you like my first Christmas card attempt. Thanks for hopping by and have a great day!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Start Prints, Fancy Pants Happy Holidays
Ink: PTI ripe avocado, summer sunrise and chai (from tea-dye duo)
Paper: PTI rustic white, corrugated cardboard
Other: PTI sattle stich twill ripe avocado, sewing machine/ thread, Making Memories Paperie Rouge buttons

You Might Also Like

19 comment(s)

  1. How creative...love your "ribbon" Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this is very nice! Great use of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! what a brilliant combination of mexico, PTI, ribbon, christmas and a boatload of creativity! FABULOUS card!!!

    ps: i often dream of tim-tams...mmmmmmmmmmm...♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! We both had the same idea but your took so much more skill and is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh! I just LOVE how you used the ribbon for that adorable little tree! Amazing job Dana, truly brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever use of the ribbon... what a fabulous tree!
    great card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super-clever ribbon design ... love the cardboard trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! this is SO cool! I love how you gathered the ribbon to create the tree and the buttons make perfect ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eine tolle Karte mit einem wunderbaren Bänderbaum hast Du da gemacht. :)

    LG, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such clever use of the ribbon! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I love the tree & those buttons are great ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you created a tree out of ribbon. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Dana! Thanks for entering the Mosie Fab World challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great idea!! looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)