Papertrey Ink's WCMD Challenge #4: Australia

12:32 AM


ETA:
As promised, I took new pictures of this project in daylight (see below). Thanks for stopping by!

G'day, mates! Yep, I skipped Mexico and India for now because they made me struggle a bit more than usual and gave the Australia challenge a go! Here is my inspiration piece, a boomerang (the artists signature/ name is Beck, btw) I picked up in an Aboriginal art gallery in Sydney:


Technically, my project today is not a card but a card size travel journal. I traveled to Australia two years ago together with my best friend to visit her sister. We wrote a journal together, which I kept and wanted to rewrite for her. Actually, I did the rewriting around Christmas (!)... Since that time, it sits on my desk because I couldn't find the time to attach the printed journal to its cover and make something up for the cover itself. So a BIG thank you to Nichole for hosting the challenges and this one in particular because today was the day :-) Here's the cover for the challenge:


Far, far away from the beauty and perfection of the original ...and just in case anybody might ask me what my most used stamp set is, the answer is definitively Polka Dot Basics I for now and all times ;-)

Okay, I'm off to bed 'cause it's way too late again. Maybe I can dream something up for the remaining challenges!?


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics I, PTI Background Basics Retro
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, True Black and Vintage Tea Dye Chamomile
Paper: PTI Scarlet Jewel, True Black and Stamper's select, cardbase from Atoz
Other: typewriter, Pentel white gel pen, Faber-Castel Ecco pigment black, bookbinder's string, Spellbinder's nesting circles, Copic marker (RV29)

You Might Also Like

3 comment(s)

  1. Dana, I love your take on the Australia card. The detail is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ui, die Karte sieht aus, als käme sie gerade aus Australien. Super!

    LG, Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)