PTI October Blog Hop &
Raspberry Suit Color Challenge #18

10:48 PM


Wow, I can't believe it's already time for the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! Actually, it was only today that I realized it... Anyway, here's Nichole's challenge in in her own words: "Show us your best upcoming holiday plans for cards, gifts, wraps or whatever else you have up your sleeve! With everyone's cumulative efforts the participant list will be an amazing resource!"

I instantly started browsing through my stash because I barely have any Christmas stamps (this is my first card making Christmas season) and in addition, there's hardly a need for holiday stamps because my colleagues persuaded my to join them for a Christmas card workshop at one of our LSS. Not meaning that I won't buy some Christmas stamps though in the near future... ;o)

So I browsed through my beloved Papertrey Ink stamps and had an epiphany... to use Dawn McVey's "other", unofficial Christmas ornament stamps! What other, unofficial set you might ask?!?? I'm talking about her sweet Mod Squad stamps but see for yourself:


I used some scraps of dark kraft paper and the bigger ornaments of the Mod Squad set to make little enclosure cards for Christmas gifts. I really like enclosure cards to add just a few personal words when giving a gift. Especially for family members you meet in person to exchange gifts, I sometimes feel, a card is often too much while just a "to/from-tag" is a bit impersonal for your loved ones.

As for the colors, I used the beautiful color combo of Dawn's current Raspberry Suite challenge - kraft, cream, dark chocolate, raspberry fizz and new leaf. Love her challenges! Here's another picture:


On another note, by the time the blog hop starts, it'll be pretty late around here (1am) and I will hopefully be in slumberland soon right after entering my link ;o) However, as soon as I'll get home from university tomorrow I'm going to see what you came up with for the blog hop challenge. Have fun hopping around!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Mod Squad, PTI Polka Dot Basics I (for the center dots on some of the ornaments), DFD christmas sentiment
Ink: PTI raspberry fizz, new leaf and vintage cream, Colorbox chestnut
Paper: Creamotion kraft
Other: Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen sepia, Palette stamp & stick glitter, Sakura quickie glue, hemp twine, Rayher rhinestones clear, MM eyelett setter

You Might Also Like

52 comment(s)

  1. Oooh, very clever Dana - great idea! Love the simplicity of this design, the glitter and the bling really bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! That image makes a great ornament. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana! Thanks for popping in on me & your sweet words! :> This came out fantastic!! LOVE that you thought out of the box and used Dawn's Mod Squad for ornaments. Love the twine you've used at the top as well. Good for you for combining challenges and coming up with something so great! Sweet dreams, my bloggy friend. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO elegant, love the sparkle and the kraft together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are wonderful cards ... creative use of Mod Squad too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to get creative and make your own ornaments! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors together, and the sparkle you added! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of Mod Squad!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These non-traditional ornaments with the bling-crusted centers are just super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the kraft with the sparkly ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my heck, these are just sooooo ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the color combo too -- just totally fabulous in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy sleeping and I LOVe your ornaments! Great way to use that set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty design! Love those images as ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors you used! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are seriously amazing! Simply brilliant :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea Dana--love those mod ornaments, they are so pretty and glittery!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great and the colors look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are amazing!!! the sparkle is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it when somebody thinks outside the box! Too cool for school!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this, the kraft sets off those ornaments so nicely. And Froehliche Weihnachten to you as well. Your family and guests will really appreciate these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How clever! Love the sparkle on the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh! What an awesome idea!! Way to think outside the box!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea. Way to get lots out of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! Just love the elegance and the nice clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are gorgeous!! Very elegant and just gorgeous!!

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving me some love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO lovely! Love the kraft with those bright colors popping off of it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very clever! I love how you've 'multipurposed' your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! What an awesome idea! I love the CAS style of it and the fact you've found another season to accomodate Mod Squad for! Though don't let it stop ya treating yourself to some fab PTI Christams stamps of course ;D
    TFS!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. How interesting! I love that you left so much of the Kraft color showing... I was planning on using this color on my own holiday tree this year. Now I think I might change up the background for my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so CAS and fantastic! Wow! Hope the blog hop was fun! Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so clever and so pretty!! what a great way to use your stamps....I love repurposing :) especially when it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a pretty card! I like how you decorated those ornaments with some embellies! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  33. So beautiful!! Love the layout and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love these! The color combination is so pretty and I love the little sparkle of glitter in the centers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on making the spotlight! I admired these tags during the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the shimmery ornaments! congrats on the spotlight :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely ornaments, Dana!!! Great use of the colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are adorable, what a great use of the stamp! Congrats on making the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)