Going Dotty

9:01 PM

... that's the theme of the current A Passion for Papertrey challenge! I love polka dots so it shouldn't be too hard to make a card with it but for some reason it took my forever LOL. Anyways, it's my dad's birthday this week and of course I just had to make a handmade card for him :-)


As for the subtle dots in the background, those are inspired by Dawn McVey's use of clear heat embossed polka dots during the July release. My card here is very small which is why I took the single line of dots from Beyond Basic Borders and heat embossed the dots row by row.

Talking of Ms Dawn, I'm super exited to be in the spotlight of her Raspberry Suite Color Challenge among so many talented girls:
I'm the "D" in the picture and if you want to, you can see my original blog entry here.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a fabulous week!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Beyond Basic Borders and Everyday Button Bits, DFD sentiment stamps
Ink: Colorbox chestnut, PTI ripe avocado, Versamark
Paper: PTI kraft and rustic cream
Other: PTI new leaf buttons, clear embossing powder, needle/sisal twine, Spellbinders Nestabilities (Labels eight), Sakura koi water brush

You Might Also Like

4 comment(s)

  1. Dana, congratulations for being recognized in Dawn's Spotlight!! Your cards were fantastic! As is this little one for your Dad!! Love the little trees and buttons always make me smile. Thanks for your sweet comments about my pumpkins! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, that is a wonderful card, love the dots and the size of your card. I really should get this set, every time I see a card with it I am more sure - it will be in my next order!!
    Congrats on beeing recognized by Dawn's Spotlight!..you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glückwunsch übrigens zum Spotlight!! Fand deine Idee mit Mod Squad sowieso cool, da war Dawn bestimmt auch positiv überrascht von :)
    Jaaa das is BG Lemonade, hab mir das kleine PaperPad geleistet :) Ich liebe Plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and congratulations on being in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)