PTI February Blog Hop

1:30 AM



Hi there, it's time for another PTI blog hop night :-)

So here's what it's all about this time - quoted from the PTI website:
"Since we just finished up our 3rd Anniversary Festivities, we thought we would do something extra special for this month's Blog Hop! Design Team Appreciation Day! Your challenge is to go through the Design Team gallery or any of the Design Team Members' blogs and find a project that is especially inspirational to you! Then recreate the project with your own spin, making it unique! Be sure to share a link and photo of the original project that inspired you! And you can also use this opportunity to thank team for all their contributions this past year! I know they inspire ME daily and I never seem to thank them enough! We look forward to seeing your projects!"

I think that was a though challenge to do, right? Picking only one of all DT members, considering that Nichole wouldn't even count ('cause she's not officially part of her own DT... LOL), then choose only one of all those fabulous cards... if it is not currently out for publication... wheww! That being said, my thanks go out to ALL of the PTI DT members AND Nichole for being such an inspiration during this past year!!

After some time, I settled with the following card as my inspiration - straight from Dawn McVey's blog- because it could have been one of the first cards that I've ever seen from her... and I've been hooked ever since :)
{Pssst... don't tell Nichole, but really, I think Dawn and Betsy could sell any stamp set to me!}


{click here for Dawn's original blog entry}

Now, my "own spin" version is this one:


It's a birthday card for my uncle so I thought I'd better leave off the rhinestones and pretty ribbons - men do not seem to be that appreciative of all that, ha! Well, what do you think? It's definitively not a look-alike but next to each other you can see where the inspiration was coming from, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the blog hop :-)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Faux Ribbon, PTI Fresh Alpha, Hero Arts woodgrain background
Ink: PTI dark chocolate, PTI vintage tea-dye duo, Heyda turquoise
Paper: PTI dark chocolate, PTI kraft, off-white cardstock (recycled)
Other: sewing machine / thread, Marvy Uchida scalloped circle punch 2", EK Success circle punch 1 3/4"

You Might Also Like

42 comment(s)

  1. Fabulous card!! I love that woodgrain background! Great job with the challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! LOVE the woodgrain! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definately see the inspiration! Great job on a fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the woodgrain background! Who said real men don't like rhinestones? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! I can definitely see Dawn's style coming through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I need a woodgrain stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. This made me do a double-take Dana! I love the wood grain. It's so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card!! Love that woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He will love it, love the woodgrain!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card, love the wood grain, and your take on Dawn's card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sehr coole Karte!! Und vielen Dank fuer deine Kommentare bei Facebook & elsewhere :) Viele Gruesse aus Neuseeland!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your uncle with love it! It's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card for a guy! I think I'll have to case yours--I have a birthday coming up that this would be perfect for! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh great job with this birthday card, the woodgrain is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do see & I love what I see -- great masculine card!!! He'll LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure your uncle will love this! Faux bois usually goes over well with the male set. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you took Dawn's bright pink girly card and made it so masculine! Great job on the challenge. BTW - I love that woodgrain stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like that woodgrain stamp. It is perfect for a man's card. I've never seen it before. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great guy card. They are hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh very manly! I love the colors and wood! Man cards ARE hard for me! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh very fun!! Such a cute card - love your woodgrain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice job. Great guy card. Love the wood grain. I bet your Uncle will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love your take...that is one of my favs of Dawn...she's so amazing...and yes, after seeing her work with certain stamps, I want them too!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my first blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great recreation! Love how graphic but male-appropriate it is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I am sucker for woodgrain, but I have to tell you how much I LOVE your card and adaptation to Dawn McVey's card. It is awesome! And I love how clean, crisp and masculine it is. Wow! I am so excited discover more treasures on your blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dana, you left such a sweet comment on my card! Thank you so much! Your card is great also...great idea for a masculine card! I think I'm off to bed. But this has been so much fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a unique card but the link to your inspiration card is so clear too. Nice job and I agree, I think Betsy could sell me almost any card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on your take. I like the woodgrain background. Great masculine card for your uncle. He'll appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wunderbar......... love the wood grain stamp ........

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card, love the woodgrain effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's making it your own. Bet he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card! The woodgrain works wonderfully for a masculine card. Your uncle should love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your take on Dawn's card.What a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think it's amazing! The woodgrain is very trendy & the perfect touch for a 'man' card! (I think they, too, secretly like bling!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This the perfect masculine card! Wow, I know your uncle will LOVE it!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome card. I love the stitching - adds texture but isn't fru-fru :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)