A Passion for Papertrey | Spring Clean Challenge

2:22 PM

Hi there, here's a not so quick but fun card for Aimes and Kate's spring clean challenge. It's all about actually USE some of the stuff you would otherwise hoard forever! ...and we all have those things, right?

So, I've been guilty for holding on to many sheets of stripy patterned paper. I love the bright colors of one particular paper but honestly if there's one thing I can hardly cope with on any of my projects, it's stripes! Polka dots, flowers, other patterns whatsoever... no problem! But stripes? Eeek!

Now, I combined that with other stuff I did not hoard but simply haven't used yet or at least not in a long time, such as a corner rounder, my PTI Text Style stamps, a butterfly die, acrylic paint... which in sum resulted in this little number:


My discovery of the day is this: Add a few drops of your most favorite acrylic paint color and some water to a Mini Mister spray bottle, shake it well and ta-daa! You have homemade spray mist for literally pennies! :)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Background Basics Diamonds, PTI Text Style I, DFD birthday sentiments
Ink: PTI smokey shadow, Heyda turquoise
Paper: PTI stamper's select white, Atoz orange cardstock, Fancy Pants Summer Soiree pp
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities ovals, Provocraft butterfly die, corner rounder, acrylic paint, snail adhesiv, rhinestones, Depot orange satin ribbon, Fiskars apron lace border punch

You Might Also Like

3 comment(s)

  1. oof--i have a really hard time with stripes, too...especially the really *skinny* ones like this...but you have completely inspired me b/c this is SUCH a great way to use them!

    ps: i am really loving your blog, your cards are BEAUTIFUL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a fab, funky card! Loving your use of the stripy DP, although it pained you to use it, it was totally worth it!
    Thanks so much for joining in our challenge!
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Loving the homemade spray mist tip ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats with your win on the 'A passion for Papertrey' blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)