A Passion for Papertrey's Black & White Challenge

6:34 PM

Hi there! No card today - I worked on something a little different this time. A friend asked me for advice on cheap but elegant party decoration for her birthday. Huh, cheap but elegant? Nothing easier than that, haha! ;-) The one thing I came up with, was stamped party lights. Here are some pictures of my "prototypes":


I used some simple tea lights with IKEA candle holders (it's from their Galej line and they sell for 25 (Euro) cents per piece.


The candle holders were put inside a stamped (and border punched) sandwich bag. Easy peasy! Here's one with one PTI's gorgeous damask images on:


Wouldn't these look great for Halloween parties, too? Anyhow, since I kept my color combo to basic black & white, I'll enter this for the current A Passion for Papertrey Challenge. There are some a-maz-ing entries, take a look here!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs, Heidi Swapp Chandelier
Ink: PTI true black
Paper: sandwich paper bags
Other: IKEA Galej tea candle holders, tea candles, Fiskars apron lace punch

You Might Also Like

9 comment(s)

  1. OK Dana, you've officially just rocked our challenge with these! How creative - super elegant and super cheap (though party guests don't need to know that!) I love the added border punch too, gives it a fab finishing touch!
    Thanks soooooooooooo much for joining in our challenge!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And your right about Halloween. Just love what you came up with. Way to go - your friend should be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thinking out of the box! Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Love the simplicity of it. I'll bet they look lovely at night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana these are simply gorgeous. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)