Pippi Långstrump

5:38 PM

Happy 1st March to you! How's the spring weather going were you are? Today is/was such a typical spring day - we had everything from a severe storm (aka hurricane Xynthia), hail and rain to sunshine. Crazy!


My card for you is part of my PTI DT appreciation series and today it's a card CASEd from a recent Betsy Veldman post. If you haven't seen it until now, go here! It's simply gorgeous, I think. If Astrid Lindgren had been a scrapbooker, her works would look like Betsy's. Colorful, awe-inspiring and oh, so beautiful!


There aren't too many changes compared to the original design. I replaced her stamped flower with a "Dawn-y" poofy flower and used my big scallop die for the card base. The cool thing about that die is, you can use also use it for smaller cards if you pre-fold the card in half and run it through your die-cutter. Also, big scallop borders much like the new PTI dies are possible. More bang for your bucks... I love that :)

Have you seen Nichole's spring challenge? I hope I can play along, the colors look so yummy :)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Giga Guidelines, PTI Wishing You, PTI Turning a New Leaf
Ink: PTI spring moss, orange zest, raspberry fizz, aqua mist, tea-dye duo
Paper: orange and off-white cardstock (both recycled), Office System (pink)
Other: Sizzix Bigz scallop card die, sewing machine/thread, PTI vintage hibiscus burst button, paper piercer, sisal twine, Make Me flower punch 2", Copic markers (BG 11, BG 13, YG 01)

You Might Also Like

4 comment(s)

  1. your blog is beautiful! thank you for taking the time to post a comment to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Dana! Love the "Dawn-y poof flower"! I hope you're OK after the hurricane!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just rocking on the DT inspired cards! I love the added scalloped base & 3D flower here! And I can just see Pippi Longstocking, her long braids, fun & whimsy too! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical spring day??!! That's a whole lot of weather for one day. Here in California, a spring day is usually one of two things....rain or sun........maybe a little of both. lol We definitely have beautiful weather, but our seasons are not very well defined. I lived on the East coast when I was young and there, seasons are individual and most definitely defined. I'd think all that weather might make for some pretty pictures.............OR! a great day to craft! :>:>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)