Poppy Seed Challenge #1

3:03 PM

Hi there, I'm back to share my card for Lisa Johnson's new Poppy Seed Challenge - virtually in the very last minute! Here are the deets:

Basically, you have to incorporate one of each of the "seeds" Lisa "plants". What I like best about these is, that each of the seeds belongs to a different category, in this case a certain color, a stamp image and an embellishment. So there's a good starting point for a card including plenty possibillities to bring in your own style and creativity.

The light yellow part was toughest for me! I wanted to use it on the frame but it was actually too light to be seen. So, I ended up stamping the vintage labels frame with summer sunrise ink and than colored the space in between the two lines with a soft yellow Copic marker. I like that effect and think, I will try that again some time :)

Oh, and I based my overall color combo on Nichole Heady's selection of spring colors (summer sun, lemon tart, spring moss and melon berry).

Hope the sun is shining bright were you are! Happy almost weekend ;-)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Vintage Labels, Mod Squad and Everyday Button Bits
Ink: PTI summer sunrise, melon berry and true black, Versamagic tea leaves, Versamark dazzle
Paper: PTI summer sunrise and stamper's select white
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1, Copics (YG01, Y21), Artoz rhinestones

You Might Also Like

7 comment(s)

  1. Sweet little card with gorgeous colors! You did great with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! It is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty! Love the colors you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! Very pretty and springy, excellent job with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun, bright, and Happy, Dana!! I always love what you come up with using the Mod Squad stamps! And I like the look of the soft yellow blending into the summer sunrise.

    Oh yea.....the sun Was shinning today!! And since I spent the majority of the day driving to drop a kidlet off, driving back to see my other kidlet perform and then back again to get my kidlet with her Grammie.......I was happy for the sun and beautiful scenery along the way! Hope you see some sun too! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! The colors turned out FAB! What is versamark dazzle? Is that how you made the mod squad images sparkle???

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute card, i love those colors. and i like the stamp behind the frame. Nice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)