Poppy Seed Challenge #2

9:06 PM

Hello everyone, I have a card to share for Lisa Johnson's second Poppy Seed Challenge! This time the three "poppy seeds" consist of using buttons, polka dots and the color light green.



As we don't celebrate St. Patty's, I thought I'd take the opportunity to make an early baby / toddler card. Two of my colleagues are expecting and it's my cousin's little one's birthday soon. You can see I left out the sentiment for now - so what ever "event" comes first it will be a baby or 2nd birthday card.



The idea for putting those half circles around the circle panel came from a card I saw a week ago at a local shop. You can see their beautiful original card(s) here. Oh, and did you see the birdies eye? I found some tiny black beads that were perfect for just that, also they fit into some of the button holes so you don't even have to fiddle around to glue it down.

So, that's it from me today. Thanks for stopping by!


EDT: Leave a comment for a chance to win a (half-way surprise) blog candy!




Supplies
Stamps: PTI Everday Button Bits and Polka Dot Basics, Klartext (workshop stamps)
Ink: Versamark, PTI true black
Paper: PTI kraft and vintage cream, Scenic Route North Shore (green), yellow cardstock (stash)
Other: PTI vintage button spring moss, PTI vintage cream saddle stitch ribbon, sewing machine / thread, Make Me 1" scalloped circle punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities (large circles), sisal twine, foam dimensionals

You Might Also Like

7 comment(s)

  1. Ooh a fabby take on the Poppy Seeds challenge - that lil' birdie is adorable! How cool that the bead fits!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!!! I love everything about it. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the card... SO CUTE! I love the idea of those half circles =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, funky little card! I love the little bird, he's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my CUTENESS!!! Dana, this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love the half circles, you sweet chick's beaded eye, the ruffled ribbon, the stitching, the green hillside....oh who am I kidding?! Love the whole thing!

    Are you getting some spring weather yet?? Its been beautiful here! The kidlets have been running up a storm and I'm looking forward to getting my veggie garden in the ground. I'm determined to make it happen this year as we've missed it the last couple. Hope you are well! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana ....... this is so darn cute!!! How the heck to you sew in a circle I cannot even get a straight line going .......... LOVE IT !!1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)