Vienna... and a challenge

7:44 PM

Soooo, I'm back! It was a real fun weekend and we squeezed in as many sights as possible... First, there was Vienna from above to get a general idea of what to expect...


view from the Danube Tower, observation deck

...then we were headed for the Wurstelprater, a leisure park, to take a ride on the famous +100 year old ferris wheel...

Viennese Prater

... by the way, this is what shopping streets look like there! I was stunned by all the beautiful, old houses (okay, the Kohlmarkt below is indeed the pricey place to be but even H&M resides in one of those pretty city mansions!)...

Kohlmarkt


a carriage near the opera

... okay, I could probably go on and share tons of photos but I'll spare you more of the details and end my praise to this beautiful city with a picture of this giant castle. It was too big to capture with my standard prime lens even from afar - don't the people in the park look like little game pieces?

Can you imagine this to be only a summer residence?? Anyway, congrats in case you made it thus far ;-) I am happy to tell you that I also have a card to share today!! I didn't participated in challenges for ages and the first of the CASE Study challenges spoke right to me.


Have a fun weekend everyone!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Text Style I, Turning a New Leaf and Faux Ribbon
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores and Spring Moss
Paper & diecuts: unknown (from a card kit)
Other: sewing machine / thread, PTI rustic cream twine, exacto knife, foam dimensionals

You Might Also Like

10 comment(s)

  1. Dana, your card is gorgeous! I love those colors, that fabulous stitching and the super scallops. Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study, we're so glad you could play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you decided to play along in our first challenge!! Beautiful card with gorgeous colours, and what a fab idea with adding dimension to the stamped image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Dana,

    danke für die schönen Bilder von Wien. Das Riesenrad ist ja wunderbar und würde mich wirklich reizen, eine Runde zu drehen.
    Deine Karte wirkt allein schon durch das wunderbare Hintergrundpapier und die Nähte, der Zwirn und die angeschnittenen Blätter des Motivs sind eine tolle Kombination.

    Ganz liebe Grüße,

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! just gorgeous. Love the stitching and the colours. So happy you played along for our first challenge at Case Study.

    Teneale :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dana!!! Thanks for sharing those lovely pics with us, looks like such a beautiful place to visit :D
    Oh your card is fabby - not only the fact it's green but those leaves cut out add a unique dimension that is totally fab!
    Thanks so much for joining in on the CASE study this week too!!!!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vienna looks and sounds amazing!!
    Your card looks fabulous!!! I love the colors and the dimension on the leaves! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dana this is beautiful!! I LOVE what you have done with the leaves, fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us for the debut of CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh I love how you got inspiration from my card! This is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there :) Süße Karte!! Und, in welchem Kaffeehaus in Wien war der Kuchen am besten? :) Liebe Grüße von einer kranken, in Umzugschaos versunkenen Nina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you So much for sharing your pics, Dana!! I would love to visit one day, but in the meantime, its fun to visit in my mind via great pictures & tales. :>

    I had not done a single challenge in forever when the Moxie Fab one spoke to me, so I definitely understand! I like the different greens you've used for your pretty card. The weekend is getting close, hope you have a great one! :>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)