30 days till Christmas

8:06 PM

Whwwwhat? You know the date years in advance and yet, it comes as a surprise... every single time! Come on, don't tell me, I'm the only one, eh?


Here's a first Christmas card, I wanted to share. The card design follows Laura's sketch #66 over at 2 Sketches 4 You.

Actually, I'm a wee bit proud of it, if I dare say so. All the stamps used on this card were custom made for me and I even drew the holly leaf all by myself. Okay, that wasn't too tough, but still :)

Now, how about you? Did you start your batch of Christmas cards or are you already into Valentine card designs? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

Supplies
Stamps: holly and sentiment (custom made)
Ink: PTI scarlet jewel, Versamagic tea leaves
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye (So Sophie)
Cardstock: PTI vintage cream, kraft and scarlet jewel
Other: sewing machine/ thread, PTI large rick rac die, Aleene's acrylic paint (pudding), PTI buttons (scarlet jewel), PTI rustic twine, craft knife, Pentel white gel pen, Ranger Stickles

You Might Also Like

7 comment(s)

  1. Nope, you're not the only one, Dana! I too let Christmas creep up on me every year *sigh*
    You should be so very proud of this - love your stamp designs! I can't even begin to imagine how it feels stamping a stamp YOU designed!
    I've made two Christmas cards so far....still a long way to go!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told myself I was going to be prepared for Christmas this year, but wrong again!! Trying like crazy to get all my projects done on time!
    Fabulous card, this one! Keep them coming, I'd say! Your own stamps !? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Dana,
    du machst sehr schöne Karten. Danke für deinen Kommentar. Ich habe mich besonders darüber gefreut, weil ich so auf deinen Blog gestoßen bin. Jetzt gehe ich erstmal stöbern!
    Liebe Grüße, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, I love that ric rac, and great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deine Karte ist wunderbar. Trotz der klassischen Weihnachtsfarben wirkt sie modern und erfreut garantiert den Empfänger. :)

    Liebe Grüße, Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)