PTI December Blog Hop

9:48 PM


Hello everyone, hope you all had a fantastic time with your family and friends during the Holidays :-)

This month challenge for the PTI blog hop is it to "use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project". I had plenty ideas for that and kept every little piece of wrapping paper, ribbon etc. when, by accident, my eye fell on a holiday mini album from a workshop last year that I actually never used or gave away b/c there was something wrong with the embossing powder. Either I applied to much heat or the powder was too old or faulty, however, the embossed star image was clear in the center and grey / whitish towards the edges. Ack! You can see my original post with the mini album here.


Instead of keeping it in my box just to throw it away someday, I decided to cut the front cover off of it and make it a simple little book for my thoughts and wishes for 2011. No, we're not talking new year's resolutions! ...for I already know, I won't keep them anyway ;) I rather think of something to keep focus on throughout the year, like in Ali Edwards "One Little Word" project.


So, that's my little holiday recycle project. I hope you like it and maybe feel inspired to do some recycling yourself. Have a fabulous blog hop!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Fillable Frames #4, PTI Fresh Alpha
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Versamark
Paper: brown cardstock (from recycled mini album), cream writing paper for the inside
Other: PTI Fillable Frames #4 die (for masking), Studio Calico Mr Huey (cream), American Crafts Zing EP (aqua), Ranger Glossy Accents

You Might Also Like

31 comment(s)

  1. I just LOVE this and LOVE how you used an old project that didn't turn out quite right and made it into something you could really use! I've been trying to do that with my old projects and cards, etc. LOVE the mat stack 4 label on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I hate to have to throw those "mistakes" away. LOVE the color combo of the turquoise and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make something that wasn't quite right into something special! Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I have a box full of things too good to throw away, and not good enough to use. ha! Now I will go look at them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute little booklet - sometimes a gift for yourself is just the right thing to do! Love the bright 'pop' of turquoise on the fillable frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a difference. You really made some lemonade here. (or should I say hot chocolate?) Absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the little book idea...might be working on that this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the texture on it...it's a very regal little book! The little twine-y page holder and the fillable frame with the year are perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea, Dana! Very classy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the idea of a mini book for your word for 2011. gorgeous cover for your book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute mini book.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this turned out awesome! so what's your word? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this book idea! That cover is fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea; hope you get lots of good from its use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mini book is very elegant, and I love the idea behind it. Something you can go back to time and again, when you need to. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! Love how you redid it especially the texture you added. Hope you get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, what a sweet little project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dana, what a "much improved" booklet! I just adore the turquoise numbers. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this little thing is adorable! I just love the weathered brown and the blue that just pops off of it! Have fun using it throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty.......I love the aqua with the brown. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the turquoise embossing powder you used! Looks like a great little book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is awesome, Dana!! Aren't you glad that you didn't throw the book away? You've defenitely inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Liebe Dana,

    ich wünsche Dir ein gesundes und glückliches 2011 und freue mich auf viele Besuche bei Dir!

    Liebe Grüße, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wieder ein superschönes Projekt und so umweltbewußt!
    Danke für deine schnelle Antwort! Schade, dass die Qualität nicht so schön ist, denn sonst ist es eine tolle Idee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)