PTI Blog Hop January

6:00 PM


Hi there, it's time for the monthly PTI Blog Hop and this month theme is "New Year's Resolutions". In Nichole's words, this means using a "stamp set that has yet to see ink or even one that might be collecting a little dust". I can't think of a stamp set that has never been used at all but what came to my mind first is my "Friends 'Til the End" stamp set. In fact, it is one of my first Papertrey Ink sets I ever bought. I love seeing cards with this set but actually it's one I have a hard time using myself and so it sits in my stamp shelf unused.


What inspired me to this card is a technique that Nichole Heady shared during the last release countdown. As I shy away from intricate coloring this "reverse stamping" technique was just the ticket and with the dreary January weather outside those bright colors spoke right to me :)

Now, I'm curious to see what sets were neglected by everyone else. Thanks for stopping by and happy blog hopping!


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Friends 'Til the End and Up, Up and Away
Ink: PTI True Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Cardstock: Dani Peuss Kraft, PTI Stamper's Select White
Other: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, acrylic paint (yellow, turquoise)

You Might Also Like

23 comment(s)

  1. Great job, Dana! I was also drawn to this technique when I saw it done by Nichole. You did it perfectly and this is a great set for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bright colors speak to me as well, it is a gray and dreary day here, but these colors brighten the cloudiest day. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Dana, this is AWESOME! I loved that technique that Nichole shared and you've done such a beautiful job of it with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are perfect...this is graphic awesomeness! Looks like a screen print, soooo cooool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, that stamp looks awesome with that reverse stamp under it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow cool, super leuchtende Farben! (Wie hast du die fotografiert, bei dem Waschküchenwetter draußen?? ;D) Die kleine Flagge mit den Mini-Tackernadeln ist total süß! Liebe Grüße aus dem grauen Heidelberg :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THE COLORS!!! And Friends Till the End is the PERFECT stamp for the reverse stamping ......... WUNDERBAR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this eye catching color combo!
    I remember Nichole's post on this technique; I'm really going to have to try that- it looks FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique with such high impact. Those colours really 'pop' on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the contemporary feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors pop and you executed the technique so well! Definitely gotta try that one as I tend to shy away from coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my... you did a great job with this technique! This is SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is pretty - love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deine Karte strahlt ebenso hell, wie die Sonne von unserem blauen Himmel. Toll gemacht, Dana, mir gefällt sie sehr gut.

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! I haven't tried this technique yet but I loved Nichole's card using it. Your colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these bright and cheerful colors. Bring on SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty, bright color card! I love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love these colours! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)