PTI Blog Hop April | Boys To Men

1:11 PM



"This month's blog hop is dedicated to all the boys and men in our lives! Now's your chance to create Father's Day projects, boy birthday cards and more to build up your stash! Focus on masculine color schemes, fresh pattern combinations, understated embellishments and unique uses of images you may already have in your stash!"


Hello fellow blog hoppers :) Happy Easter Monday to you! I have two cards to share with you today. First up is a simple little postcard in a more spring-y color scheme (creme, light grey, turquoise) using last weeks Make it Monday technique (embossing with dies).

Supplies - Stamps: PTI Fillable Frames #1, Klartext Du Glueckspilz | Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, PTI, Vintage Tea Dye Duo, Versamark | Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream | Other: PTI Impression Plate (Woodgrain), American Crafts Zing embossing powder (Aqua)


The second card is in a darker color scheme, also using the woodgrain impression plate but this time around I inked and run the plate through my Cuttlebug TWO times (first with Hawai'ian Shores, then with Dark Chocolate ink) to achieve a cool two-tone effect.

Supplies - Stamps: PTI Vintage Labels | Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, PTI Hawai'ian Shores, PTI Vintage Tea Dye Duo, Versamark | Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Hawai'ian Shores and Dark Chocolate | Other: PTI Fillable Frames #4 die, PTI Impression Plate (Woodgrain), Tim Holtz Vintage Market Alpha, sewing machine / thread


That's it from me today, if you want to see more of my masculine projects, I have them all labeled (see below or in the right hand navigation). Thanks so much for stopping by and happy blog hopping! Can't wait to see what you all came up with :)

You Might Also Like

31 comment(s)

  1. Love the wood grain background! My fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Dana - you're making me want the woodgrain impression plate!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects! The woodgrain impression plate is just perfect for masculine projects like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The woodgrain looks great! Love the turquoise & grey combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! Love the woodgrain background!! So perfect for masculine cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are awesome! Love the woodgrain textured BG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I really like that woodgrain and the color choices on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The woodgrain background (either stamp or impression plate) is my "go-to" for masculine cards. Love how you've used it here... especially with that touch of bright turquoise on each. (Someday I'll be brave enough to ink up my impression plates, too... love that effect!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the woodgrains. I really need to do this more. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That woodgrain is perfect for your masculine cards. Love the pop of colour on the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I like the double inked effect; how creatvie! I inked up my woodgrain impression plate too but a light pearlescent colour on dark chocolate cardstock. I will have to try your two toned effect on light cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the woodgrain on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the woodgrain impression plate. That is so masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that woodgrain IP!!! Love the pop of color in the 2nd card, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome woodgrain! And I love the design of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can ink the impression plate and then run it through your Cuttlebug? I didn't know this! Thanks for the great idea!
    Fabulous cards, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woodgrain looks great on the masucline cards! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the woodgrain- awesome on the masculine cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great guy card, can't go wrong with the wood grain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You work with the wood grain well! I love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty cards!! I especially love that second one, all attention to the sentiment! Great colors!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the woodgrain effect and thank you for sharing the woodgrain tip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great wood background.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  24. that woodgrain inked is amazing! two great cards!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. They're both great! I love the colors you've used on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are both fabulous, Dana! On the first one, I love how you impressed the frame into the woodgrain and on the second, I love how the turquoise stitching matches the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous use of that wood grain, Dana! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woodgrain ist männlich, ulkig oder? Aber bei dem Muster denkt man gleich an Männer. Klasse hast Du die Challenge umgesetzt. :)

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)