{The not so} Daily News Harald

11:24 PM

Just a quick post to participate in the Design Team Inspiration Challenge over at A Passion for Papertrey. For my card, I chose Maile Belles as my inspiration. I adore her CAS style though I'd never be able to keep things that simple myself. Well, ... and that is exactly the story of this card:


"man" card for a 50th birthday (obviously)
It all started with Maile's card here. Instead of using an impression plate for the background, I stamped the card base with BB: Newsprint and smokey shadow ink. Also, since I needed a masculine card, I changed the color scheme. Next, I wanted to glue everything down and call it a card... but then, I decided to use some green spray mist on the background... THEN, I found the green too heavy and sprayed a light yellow mist on top. Better. Umh, how about a little sewing...? What about impressing the numbers...? You see, I just keep adding - and still think, there is a little something missing. Oh well, it's a guy card. Less is more here, right? :)


Supplies
Stamps: PTI Background Basics: News Print
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Enchanted Evening
Other: PTI By the numbers die, PTI Impression Plate (woodgrain), PTI Mat Stack die, sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Studio Calico Mister Huey (lemonade, clover)

You Might Also Like

5 comment(s)

  1. I love the yellow colour you used in the background :)

    Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Dana! Love the mist on the background and the popping color of the elements!
    Great card!
    Els.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is one fabulous guy card, Dana! I love how you kept adding little sprinkles of elements to it to create one great card!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great man card! I love the details like the embossed numbers and the stitching is just right.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card its perfect!!

    steph at http://mycreativebightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)