Homemade stamps

5:10 PM

I realize it's a bit late for a Christmas post but I just have to share this (new to me) discovery. Did you know you can turn virtually any die into a stamp? It was late November and at that time I was in desperate need of Christmas stamps for a mini card kit swap on a German scrapper's forum. Then, when I saw one of Studio Calico's add-ons (Printer's Drawer) to their December kit I kind of had a spark of genius: Take some ordinary fun foam, sent it through your preferred die-cutting machine with any die you have on hand and temporarily attach it to your stamping block. Tadaa, new stamp!! :D




As you can see in my photo, I used fairly thin fun foam (approx. 1/8 in) and then glued a second layer on top of it b/c the foam became heavily squished in the Cuttlebug. What do you think? Will you give it a try or have you already made something alike? Again, I'm probably not the first to who have made this discovery but thought I'd share with you anyway. Btw, here you can see the stuff I sent to my fellow kit swappers...




...along with these little hybrid thank-you notes I made with Illustrator, some baker's twine and PTI dies:




One fun fact from making the kit: I was required to send two 6x3" pieces of patterned paper. With the left over pieces, two half sheets of pp, I intended to make my Christmas cards for the year. Guess what? I cut 6x4 inch pieces instead. Guess what? I had a super lazy moment (didn't wanted to go out to an LSS for just one sheet of paper) and decided to cut one inch strips from these pieces and rock the cards with that. Guess what? I sent photos of two of the cards to Crate Paper and they posted them on their blog. Ha! 





Needless to say I'm humbled to see my cards among these talents!! Okay, enough of my terrible ramblings. Have a great weekend, all!

You Might Also Like

3 comment(s)

  1. So fun and what absolutely gorgeous cards! Thanks for the very sweet comments about Moxie Fab! I really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke für den tollen Tipp! Das wirft ein ganz neues Licht auf meinen Stanzenberg!
    Die Karten sind alle sehr schön geworden und ich gratuliere zur Create Veröffentlichung!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip, Dana! Love your cards, and your kit looks fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Have a fabulous day :)